Security of Personal Information
- The privacy and information confidentiality policy were prepared to help the visitors and users understand the information collected from them upon visiting the website and the method to deal with it.
- The website management takes the proper procedures and measures to keep the personal information secure and protect the same from loss, unauthorized use, misuse or modification, and disclosure. The most important measures applicable at SME Bank to protect the visitor’s personal information include:
- The strict procedures and measures to protect the information security in addition to our technique to protect from the fraud and unauthorized access to our systems.
- The regular and periodic update of the procedures and controls of protection meeting or exceeding the standards.
- Our employees are qualified and trained to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of our visitors.
Collecting the Personal Information
- Upon the user’s visit to SME Bank, the website server registers the internet protocol (IP) of the user, the date and time of the visit, and the URL of any website that referred you to the SME Bank Website.
- Most websites add cookies to the HDD of the visitor’s computer (browser). Such cookies are text files containing information allowing the website, which added them, to recover the same when needed on the user’s next visit of the website. Such saved information includes:
- Remembering the username and password.
- Saving the page settings, if applicable on the portal.
- Saving the colors chosen by the user.
- Not allowing the same user to vote more than once.
- The visitor (browser) may not need to enter the password in each visit. This is because the website will be able to discover it through the cookies. Such cookies further prevent the user from repeating the voting if the user has previously voted. On such a basis, the SME Bank Website will use the information available in the cookies for purely technical purposes when visited more than once. The website can also change the information contained in the cookies or add new information when you visit the SME Bank Website.
- If you use a direct application or send us an email via the website providing us with personal information, we may share the necessary information with other entities or departments, to serve you more effectively. However, we shall not share your personal information with non-governmental authorities unless they are authorized by the concerned authorities to perform specific government services. By providing us with your personal information through the website, you agree that such information may be stored, processed, and used by the Saudi authorities. At all times, we reserve the right to disclose any information to the concerned authorities when necessary to comply with any law or governmental requirement.
- You are solely liable for the completeness and validity of the information you send through this website.
Publishing Success Stories
Small and Medium Enterprises Bank is entitled to publish success stories via its website.
Protecting your Privacy
In order to enable us to help you protect your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Contact us immediately when you think someone could obtain your password, use code, PIN, or any other confidential information.
- Never give your confidential information on the phone or online unless you know the person or the recipient of the information.
- Use a secure browser for completing transactions online and close other unused applications on the web. Ensure your antivirus software is always up to date.
- In case you have any inquiries or opinions on the privacy principles, you can contact the website management through the contact form on our (Contact Us) page or you can contact Small and Medium Enterprises Bank by calling us at 8003033333. Or via Twitter account: @smebankcare or via Customer Care e-mail: Smebankcare@smebank.gov.sa.
- To keep the security of your personal information, the e-storage and sent personal information are secured with the proper security techniques.
- This website may contain hyperlinks to websites using methods to protect the information and privacy other than the methods we use. We are not liable for the contents, methods, and privacy of such other websites. We recommend you to refer to the privacy notifications of such websites.
Sending Email Messages
When you inquire or ask for some information about a specific service, or when you give additional information using any means of communication with SME Bank, be it electronic or not, such as the inquiry application on our website, we will use your email address to reply to your inquiries. It is also possible to save your email address, your message, and our reply to it for the purpose of quality control. We may also do so for legal and control purposes.
Relevant Data Protection Legislation